Friday 17 September 2010

Tangkak Beef Noodles

I went on a beef noodle back back frenzy. And went back to Tangkak Beef Noodles along Jalan Imbi again and again:D

Its halal. And the taste is simply superb. Beefy stock and the meat and parts cooked just right. A little salted vegetable (ham choy / kiam chai) is sprinkled on the top to enhance the whole dish.

The first time I had in meehoon. Then I also tried in ramen and wow, the ramen is eggy and nice. It certainly did go well with the beef stock. And on my third round, I had laifun (normally we have this in laksa) and surprisingly, the silky noodles went on well with the flavourful soup! My mouth waters even as I post this and I might well drop in for dinner shortly:P

A tip here is to add a little vinegar into the soup to enhance the taste. Advise is to add quarter soup spoon and build up to your preference.

Tangkak Beef Noodles is also unique as they serve 2 types of chilly sauce. One is your conventional chicken rice sauce and the other is a spicy tangy. I like the spicy tangy and would dip my noodles, the balls and also the noodles into it.

The meat balls are nice but is not the best. Still its good enough:D Perhaps its ot consistent here. Somedays it taste a lil soft like home made one. Some days its nice and firm. But at all times its still roburst in flavour as good meatballs should be.

And if you're greedy (like me) and wouldn't mind the stomach etc, then order then "everything" and mind you this comes only in one size i.e. large. But its so good, even if you're a small eater like a pal of ours, he ordered to tapau home for his supper:P

Its rather easy to find this place. 133 Jalan Imbi. Almost pposite Overseas restaurant and it will be on your left hand side. Oh! Its also the same row as Dominoes Pizza and 7-11

PS: This place has thus moved to:
No. 287, Jalan Mahkota,
Taman Maluri,
55100 Kuala Lumpur.
M: +6017 336 8805

PS2: They also have a promotion running. Check it out at
http://www.everyday.com.my/coupons/kl/missyblurkit.ec?1887

3 comments: