Friday 16 October 2009

Italian food


I chanced upon this place Trattoria in Kuala Lumpur. Its opposite Modestos, Aloha & Rum Jungle in Jalan Perak. Amazing...the place is just so amazing! Food is freshly made in their kitchen only when we order. So an average wait time is 15-20 minutes and during the wait, we are served yummy bruschettas and freshly made bread (baked daily - i love the bread with olives in it)!

Service is fun. Yes fun coz the team smiles all the time. And they are attentive. Attentive to whether you enjoyed your meal. Oh! Fun is also coz every visit, we spend some time chatting with the crew too.

My fave for now is the Grilled T-Bone Steak - 1kg:-) I also love the pastas done just right "al dente". The seafood pasta Spaghetti allo scoglio is definitely a seafood delight. The sauce is slightly spicy in a tomato base.

Another good to mention pasta is Gnocchi strascicati al forno which is oven baked homemade gnocchi with a yummy yummy creamy sauce with lots of mozzarella;-)

Pizza. Can't comment much coz I've only eaten the 4 formaggi mixed cheese, tomato & rocket salad. Another is the 4 stagioni a rich & delightful pizza with tomato, mozzarella, beef salami, chicken sausages, zucchini & mushroom). Pizzas are on a nice thin crispy base. Next trip....I wanna try a Leo which if my memory serves me well (LOL) should have mozzarella, gorgonzola, ham & tomato.

Desserts are lovely. The tiramisu is a must have. So is the Fondente al cioccolato con gelato alla vaniglia "warm chocolate cake served with vanilla ice cream". The chocolate cake is not too sweet and boast of a truly soul satisfying chocolate kick!

Being a chocolate person...I could not resist the mascarpone al cioccolato. Abssolutely crea,y mascapone and a rich spread of chocolate paste.

And at Trattoria, this is the very first time I've ever tasted a cold chocolate with alcohol being served at the end of my meal. Yummy...its almost glass licking good. Not kidding. I have heard comments from friends and tables that they felt like licking the glass clean!

Hmmmm.. Trattoria is certainly a dream come true for me. Yummy.  As I head my way there this evening...I wonder whether leo will serve another surprise on us. On Monday night, we were given a nice cool fruit cocktail that consisted of passion fruit, orange, watermelon & rum.

Trattoria Kuala Lumpur
Rohas Perkasa 8
Jalan Perak
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 2163 2368
Twitter: trattoria_asia
Website: www.trattoriaasia.com








































































No comments:

Post a Comment