Tuesday 19 April 2011

Official Statements by Energizer Malaysia and Expose Media on Energizer Night Race



Actually I am secretly hoping for a rerun:D I loved the run so much and I swear that I will be training this time around should we be able to get a rerun. I just love the Sepang Circuit. Doesn't matter whether I am on my 2 legs or the 4 wheels, I just love the Sepang Circuit:D Of course if we really get a rerun, all we ask is for the event to be organised with the well being of the runners being looked into e.g. more watering and medical points, reflectors for those running the outer loop and clear announcements:D


However my hopes are dashed now that the following 2 letters have appeared in my mailbox this morning from the Agency (I was supposed to run as media for the 5km run but opted to run the 11km as per my original registration). I have had a fun time running the 11km. However the overall event wasn't as fun nor safe as it should have been. People or parties err. And when they stand up and apologise and promise action to remedy, then we should give them an opportunity to prove themselves.


So here it is the 2 letters.
And meanwhile we each should wait to see what actions are taken to remedy the unhappy event. A summary is as follows:
(1) Expose Media has committed that they will distribute the certificates, medals, finishers's Tshirt, headlights and complimentary gift to every registered participant in the run. The details for the distribution will be announced on Thursday 21st April 2011 at 6p.m.
• This does sound like every participant irregardless of whether they have completed the run or turned up for the run will be eligible to the above items. Some may say its unfair. However, taking into consideration what has happened that night, the above would be the best option since there is really no way of verifying who actually ran or qualified.



(2) Energizer Malaysia will give a full refund for registration fees for every registered participant. Details for the refund will be made on Friday 22nd April:

(i) on the Energizer Night Race website www.energizernightrace.com.my

and

(ii) their event Facebook page www.facebook.com/EnergizerNightRaceMalaysia


Both the above sound good and contradictory of each other at the same time. Does that mean each participant gets back their registration money (in my case RM65) and I also get my goodie bag etc that Expose Media promised? Well, I'll sit and wait till Friday and see what happens. Meanwhile...I'm off to train for my KL Marathon:D I seriously need to do better than 1:20.








2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a messy event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a messy event. but at least they both apologised and agreed to refund and also give whatever was promised. at least its good gesture from them. this event could be considered a lost now with their pledge.

    if anyone wants to complain further, i reckon they might as well engage a lawyer for a private suit.

    they definitely had fun running on the track plus now they get their monies back etc. cant be too calculative. everyone errs. at least these 2 admitted and tried to rectify:P

    ReplyDelete