Wednesday 20 April 2011

Great comfort food @ NoLita

NoLita is a neighbourhood in Manhattan and basically stands for North of Little Italy. Nope, I didn't make a trip there (I seriously wouldn't mind it though). Instead, NoLita is now in Malaysia. NoLita Caffeteria is here in the newly opened Viva Home Mall.



But on a serious note, I am hooked on NoLita Caffeteria. I lunched at cozy and charming NoLita before I went off for my Energizer Night Race last Saturday. I say I am hooked because all that fills my mind when it comes to meal times is NoLita (coincidentally NoLita is 10 minutes from my office and 15 minutes from my home so this makes another good lunch and dinner haunt). A big PLUS factor, NoLita serves much of my comfort food under one roof. And its all generally waist friendly:P
I love yogurt and was absolutely delighted when I saw that NoLita serves yogurt with a choice of toppings. So first thing to grab was 2 large frozen yogurt with 2 toppings (RM12 each). Looks good? Taste even better. I opted for nuts with raspberries. And hubby had blueberries with cranberries. Yummy and definitely healthy. Definitely the correct stuff before a marathon:P
Opted to carbo load since it was the weekend plus I was running that night. We chose a turkey ham sandwich @ RM9.90 and a chicken ham @ RM8.90. As we were busy chatting and taking pictures, I half expected my sandwich to taste blah. But I was surprised that the lightly toasted bread were still yummy. Not soft or soggy despite the dressing and vegetables.
Dessert was their signature blueberry cheesecake. This was so good that hubby left with me only 1 tiny bite the size of a 10 sen coin. Evil man!
I was told that NoLita have their own brew of coffee beans. So we opted for coffee. Plus a little caffeine is always good before an endurance sports event. So we each had our coffee @ RM7.50 each.
And because it was their soft launch, we were treated to an iced black coffee that hubby loved so much. Yeah yeah the man finished it all and left me with just a tiny sip.
I shall have to return to try out more stuff. There was the cute yummy baby macaroons that I must have. Since they are baby macaroons, I reckon I should be able to try each and every flavour:D


Then there are the salads (I saw someone eating the awesome looking Ceasar salad), the smoothies and more cakes to be tried. And so many more toppings for the frozen yogurt to taste. I am now salivating. Hehehe, while I'm off to satisfy my NoLita cravings, let the pictures tease you. And if you're salivating too, head down to

NoLita Caffetteria
G07 Ground Floor
Viva Home Mall
Jalan Loke Yew
Kuala Lumpur


Here's some pics of the cheerful folks behind NoLita Caffetteria and their guest on their soft launch day. Also remember to look at the pics on the wall and the cheerful tables. And to make you salivate more, here's more goodies:D




Ciao!


1 comment:

  1. Hi missyblurkit,
    Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks.
    P/S: We have put your name and link credit back to this article.

    ReplyDelete