Tuesday 16 August 2011

Nostalgia Bersama Tersayang @ The Saujana Hotel

I recently broke fast at the Saujana Hotel with good food from their Nostalgia Bersama Tersayang promotion in the good company of some lovely friends. It was awesome. A lovely selection of fresh traditional "kampung" dishes served by the pool and pond amidst the greenery brought back a good nostalgic kampung feel.
Coupled with live ghazal music in the background, this is certainly one of my favourite buka puasa experience.
As I walked around, I was quite amaze by the selection of food. I have to admit that I got quite carried away looking at the food that I kinda forgot some pictures. Do check out more pictures at Jen's blog!


The smell of cooking satay is a truly mesmerizing aroma. And seeing the live action of satay being cooked has always been one of my favourite activity since I was a child. When the cooked satay is juicy, flavourful and yummy, it is just simply awesome.
Equally yummy was the grilled fish. I have to admit I was quite mesmerized by the fish that I somehow lost the fishes especially the bawal hitam. It was lightly marinated and not overcooked. The skin was nice and slightly crisp while the meat was tender and juicy. Yummeh! Thanx Jen for the pics. *meow*
Another fave was the roast lamb. The meat was still juicy and didn't "smell". Neither was the marinate overwhelming. I can't recall how many servings I took but I did take quite a bit from hubby's plate:P


The variety at The Saujana is good. What is equally impressive is its freshness. Among some of the local yummy delights are Ikan Tongkol Masam Pedas, Chicken Rendang and Pineapple Prawn Curry.
An equally good selection of Indian food. The roti canai and tosai was really yummy!
And Chinese food.
Rojak is a must try The sauce is rather good!
Now that I look back, realised that I took this picture of the kebab but I did try it. Alamaks....
I love the fruit station. Quite a good selection of fruits to choose from when we break fast (I opt for fruits as I don't quite like dates).
And for the sweet tooth...Its a whole selection of local and Western delights to choose from!
Here's my ice kacang. Lots of brown sugar and sweet corn topped with peanuts. And for a local childhood memories, Paddle Pop ice cream. Hehehe.
So hurry over to Senja @ The Saujana. The Nostalgia Bersama Tersayang priced at RM94++ ends 26th August 2011.
Reservations: +603 7840 5502


The Saujana Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Jalan Lapangan Terbang SAAS,
40150 Shah Alam, Selangor
Contact: +603 7843 1234










6 comments:

  1. yum yum.. love the satay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i have like 50 sticks of that satay for my stomach? Pretty please :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. isaac: go and makan at saujana tentu boleh!

    snoopy: very nice and kampungish indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS is one of the BEST buka puasa buffet around! I LIKE THIS! :D

    ReplyDelete